Featured Recipe of the Week: Zucchini Stix
If you are anything like me, then, you have Zucchini growing everywhere. I LOVE “Fried” Zucchini dipped in ranch dressing and these Zucchini Stixs come pretty close to that. I have to admit that they do remind me of fries when dipped in ketchup. Enjoy these Zucchini Fries with your favorite grilled burger or any time you want a salty, crunchy, satisfying snack.
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large zucchini cut, cut into 1/4-1/4 inch fry shapes
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- Optional ~ Get fancy ~ add your own ranch or ketchup sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
2. In a wide, shallow dish, combine panko through cayenne pepper. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg whites and set aside.
4. Working with one “fry” at a time, dip in the egg whites, then, breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Arrange “fries” on the prepared cookie sheet in a single layer. Discard remaining breadcrumb and egg whites.
5. Bake until the coating is lightly browned and crisp, for about 20 minutes, flipping half way through. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
Makes 4 servings, 2 points+ each