Featured Recipe of the Week: Low-Fat Banana Bread Cookies
This week’s recipe comes from Shannon of Shannon’s Kitchen Creations. I love making desserts, mainly cookies and my quest for healthier cookies that taste good is never ending. These cookies are chewy, have a faint banana flavor and not dry at all. They are only 2 points+ each so you can definitely enjoy more than one.
Thanks, Shannon ~ I know I cannot wait to give them a try….your picture makes me want to gobble one up now.
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned)
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried blueberries or dried cherries. (I used cherries)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a bowl, thoroughly mix melted butter, sugars, banana, egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Mix the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
5. Stir in the dried fruit and oatmeal.
6. Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet sprayed with pam.
7. Bake for 11-14 minutes until set and golden.
8. Cool 5 minutes and remove from tray right away to a cooling rack.
Makes 30 cookies, 2 Points+ each