Featured Recipe of the Week: Crunchy Greens & Apple Salad
This week’s recipe is from TJ of TJ’s Test Kitchen. TJ was lucky enough to attend Fit Bloggin’ 2011 where they were served this fantastic Crunchy Greens and Apple Salad. She recreated it at home to share with you all. I can tell you first hand (because she shared with me) it’s amazingly delicious ~ crunchy, sweet, tangy, salty and filling. If you omit the bleu cheese (like me!), then, you save 1 points+ per serving making this a HUGE 1 1/2 cup salad for only 2 points+.
- 1 lb Collard Greens or Kale, Shredded
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded (use red, green or napa)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 medium fuji apple, diced
- 1/2 medium granny smith apple, diced
- 1 Tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Place cabbage and collards in a large bowl. In a small bowl, toss apples with pineapple juice to prevent browning. Add apples and onions to greens mixture.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil and vinegar, whisk together.
- Before serving, toss the collard mixture with raisins, almonds and dressing.
Make twelve, 1 1/2 cup servings, 3 points+ each