This week’s crockpot creation is from Shannon of Shannon’s Kitchen Creations. It only takes 5 minutes to put together chicken enchilada casserole together in the crockpot. Dinner is served when you walk in the door ~ just add your favorite toppings (salsa, sour cream, guacamole) and dig in!
- 1 cup salsa verde or 1 (7 ounce) jar of tomatillo sauce
- 1 cup fat free sour cream or plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
1. Mix cilantro, salsa, Greek Yogurt and garlic in a bowl.
2. Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place 2 or 3 tortillas in the bottom of the crock pot. (overlapping as much as possible, you can cut them to fit if necessary)
3. Spoon 1/4 of the salsa mixture over the tortillas. Spread 1/2 chicken over the mixture and cover evenly with 1/4 cup of cheese.
4. Top with 2 or 3 more tortillas and spoon 1/4 of salsa mixture, remainder of chicken and 1/4 cup of cheese.
5. Place last 2 or 3 tortillas over the second layer and top with the rest of the salsa mixture and the remainder of the cheese.
6. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Serving is 1/4 of the casserole, 8 points+ each