One of my FAVORITE ways to get in my 5 a day fruits and veggies is by having a HUGE smoothie that is packed with both fruits and vegetables. I bulk up my smoothies with a combination of Fresh fruit for sweetness, frozen fruit for creaminess and greek yogurt with flax seed so it has staying power. I LOVE adding a handful of greens because it boosts the nutrition without changing the flavor. The RESULT is one awesome ~ super thick, creamy and refreshing smoothie that leaves you enough points+ you can enjoy a muffin on the side. Power UP!
- 1/2 c fresh organic berries
- 1/2 c frozen mango or pineapple
- 1/2 c frozen banana
- 1/2 c TJ’s FF Greek Yogurt (for protein)
- 1/2 c FF Milk
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed (fiber & omega’s)
- 1 c Spinach or Kale
- 1 tsp Tj’s Organic Raw Honey or Agave Nectar, optional
1. Combine everything in your blender and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
Makes 1 HUGE Smoothie 2 Point+ (3 with the honey/agave) and it counts as 2 1/2 Fruit/Veggie Servings